Character class:
Priest*

Main spec:
Shadow*

Off spec:
Holy*

Other characters:
Kimjongstun - 100 Rogue (Main for WoD)
Advantage - 100 Paladin (Main up to WoD, large majority of raiding done on this character)
I have most classes at 100 but these are my "mains".

*The reason I put an asterisk is that I don't actually mind what class I play in Legion. I applied to the guild because I want to join the raid team as a ranged dps but in general I really don't care what class I actually play - I've practiced a lot of specs during my time in WoW and I believe in my abilities to play any spec to a high quality.

I would like to propose that I play either mage or shadow priest but I would be open to playing other classes as well. If you want me to pick a class because you don't mind then I would say mage.

Times and how often online:
All times BST.
I work every weekday for the standard 9-5. I tend to get home about 6 or 6:30 in the evening, but judging by the raid times I would be online in comfortable time. I am available until about 11:30 at night, midnight if I want to be. During the weekends I'm available pretty much all day every day.

Raid experience:
I'll be honest and say that I haven't raided much at all during Warlords of Draenor as I didn't play much during the expansion. On my rogue, Kimjongstun, I did some very casual raiding but it wasn't serious enough for me personally to care enough to min/max my character. I did make sure to have the best talents, enchants, gems etc if I ever went to an organised raid.

I think while the content was current I cleared all bar one of the bosses in Highmaul heroic and I took a large break during Blackrock Foundry so I did a tiny bit of Heroic on my paladin (Advantage) but it wasn't anything major.

I realise this might reflect badly on my application - however, I raided much more seriously in previous expansions, especially Cataclysm and WoTLK, where I raided with a guild called Obstinant Evolution on my paladin. We tended to be among some of the most progressed guilds on the realm and I have some achievements on that character such as the MoP gold challenge modes and A Tribute To Insanity which will hopefully provide the proof that I am (or was) a dedicated and capable raider.

Please provide us with your armory link and/or a warcraft log link:

I don't think logs would be that helpful as they'll be very outdated, but feel free to check out my rogue / paladin armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... tun/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... age/simple

We use Discord for voice communication during raiding. It is mandatory that you have it installed and running correctly if you wish to raid with us. Will this be any problem:
No problem whatsoever.

Previous guild(s): Obstinant Evolution (WoTLK, Cata) The Imperium (MoP -)
Reason for quitting:
My time in OE was largely my favorite period of my playing career in WoW. I attribute that to the friendliness of the raid team and also their ability to progress but without burning their raiders out. Unfortunately the guild started to deteriorate a bit after cataclysm so I joined The Imperium, who also gave me a really good welcome. To be honest the raid team wasn't as competent in as the previous one I'd been in (and I knew this would be the case when I joined) and, without trying to sound egotistical, I started to want away in order to get back into more progressive raiding. I took my break at this point (mid WoD) and have just come back to the game, and I want to join a guild with the best of both worlds for Legion. Retired seems like a great fit for this.

Describe your playstyle/goals in the game:
I'm not particularly interested in the fantasy of WoW but I enjoy the story all the same. I played a lot of PvP in the past but I think I'm going to give up on that now as the Heroes of the Storm gameplay makes WoW PvP feel really sluggish to me. I enjoy killing bosses, obviously! I suppose my goal for Legion is to clear every raid tier on Heroic difficulty, and maybe push into Mythic if the team feels up to it.

What do you expect from joining Retired?
I expect a stable home with consistent and fun raiding. I would hope for steady progress and an environment where I always want to come to raids rather than feeling I have to. I appreciate that raid teams go through tough times or regular wiping and I don't want somewhere where people get annoyed easily with a boss taking time. I'm confident Retired ticks all the boxes.

Why are you the right person for Retired?
I've been playing since Burning Crusade and my dedication to raiding in past expansions has rendered me, in my opinion, a skilled player. I think I can provide competitive healing or DPS with many of the specs in the game and I'm also good at multitasking during boss fights so I don't tend to make many mistakes during raids. I also think I'm quite good at communicating and also just being a team player in general - obviously this is really important for raiding so I consider it one of my best assets.

Describe yourself:
I'm from the UK and I'm an accountant (I know, I know.) Personality wise, I'm very laid back and easy going in real life. I tend to enjoy just doing nothing / playing video games in my spare time to wind down from a week at work. I'm quite sarcastic and have a good sense of humour. I've been playing WoW for over 8 years.

Other comments:
As I expressed above, I would really like to open dialogue with one of the officers about what role I could play in the raid team. I think I'm pretty flexible and I'm more than happy to fill the gaps if that's what's needed. Otherwise, as I said, this application is to join the raiding team as a Mage (probably fire) or Shadow Priest (Holy OS) for Legion.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me in game!

Many thanks for your consideration

Phaeton
Site Admin

Re: Application - Kimjongheal

Post by Phaeton » 16 Jul 2016, 22:48

Hello Kimjongheal, thank you for your application. I have sent you my battle-tag details in an in-game mail so we can talk about any further things you wish to discuss.

Once we have reached a decision about your application we will let you know.

Phaeton
Site Admin

Re: Application - Kimjongheal

Post by Phaeton » 18 Jul 2016, 18:53

Kimjongheal, you have been accepted for trial!

Please contact any of the officers online when you get a chance for an invite.