Character name:
Senka.

Character class:
Druid.

Main spec:
Tonk.

Off spec:
Boomer.

Armoury might show resto as one of my specs at the moment, that's just for fast LFR queues. Legendary is the caster one as I've mainly been playing boomkin.

Other characters:
Only other toon I have alliance side is a warlock. Probably wouldn't migrate that, but I'll use the Legion boost for an alt, likely a pala or mage. Oh and of course, I'll be levelling a DH at some point too.

Times and how often online:
Generally I log on for a bit in the mornings and then a couple of evenings outside of raids to get stuff done. I'm never online on a Friday night, and if I log on a Tuesday night it won't be until late.

Right after the expansion releases I'll be around a lot I imagine.

Raid experience:
(Please note where I say heroic I mean as in what is now mythic, not what used to be normal….dumb changes tbh)

Vanilla - cleared everything up to 12/14 Naxx. Played a holy pala.

TBC - cleared tier 4, then took a break to finish a degree. Came back midway through tier 6 and from there cleared up to Muru before the Wrath prepatch. Started out as holy pala, switched later to tankadin.

Wrath - cleared everything with the exceptions of Yogg + 0 and Smellion heroic. Frost dk tank.

Cata - 10/13 hc t11, 6/7 hc t12, 8/8 hc t13. Blood dk for t11 and 13, frost during the dark days of Firelands heroic when dk tanks were a bit….squishy.

MoP - 6/16 hc t14, 2/13 hc t15, 10/14 hc t16, all as resto shaman.

WoD - barely played so a big fat nothing.

As far as the druid is concerned, my only “proper” raiding experience with it was alt raiding as a bear during SoO. I've got a lot of past experience with all roles though, and the only difference between classes these days is the colour of the buttons. Please be assured that I will be comfortable with all specs by the time Legion raiding comes around (except cat….I hate cat).

Please provide us with your armory link and/or a warcraft log link
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... e/advanced

Last logs I had were from WoL, which is now dead.

We use Discord for voice communication during raiding. It is mandatory that you have it installed and running correctly if you wish to raid with us. Will this be any problem:
No problem at all.

Mind you I have a butt ugly northern English accent, so you may not want me to speak anyways :(

Previous guild(s):
Reason for quitting:

Started out at release with a guild called Source of Strength on Turalyon. Got a decent amount of high world ranked kills with them, which was fun I guess but the raid schedule was awful, sometimes 6 nights a week. Left at the end of vanilla to seek something a bit more real life friendly.

Raided throughout TBC with Respect on Silvermoon. Really nice guild, sadly killed by officer drama during SWP.

At the start of Wrath I formed Dogwatch on Shadowsong with a few mates, which ran until the beginning of MoP. Was good for a long time but sadly by the end we’d lost most of our long term core group due to a combination of Dragon Fail being how it was, followed by the horror of panda dailies. Our raid leader had quit the game in disgust and our realm was dying, so we couldn't get hold of enough decent recruits to fill the holes. Decided to go our separate ways at that point.

During MoP I was in too many guilds in all honesty, think it was four in total. Struggled to find one that didn't treat its members like crap, and when I eventually did it folded within a few months. Chose to call it a day on WoW for a while after SoO, didn't come back until earlier this year and decided to wait until Legion to find a guild rather than try to get into a stable one during a content drought.

Describe your playstyle/goals in the game:
My main source of entertainment in WoW is raiding. I like achi hunting and I'm all about pet battling, but fact is those things can keep me going at most for a couple of months at a time. Raiding with a nice group of people is what keeps me interested long term.

I’m not particularly progress obsessed though, dunno if it's my age or what but worrying about if I'm playing at the top level just doesn't seem important. If anything I prefer a guild that works at its own pace and doesn't fret too much about dumb stuff. The only thing I consider a big deal is clearing (that which is now) heroic each tier, anything more is just a bonus.

What do you expect from joining Retired?
I noticed your ad while looking for a guild and liked what I read. Decided to apply because your raid times are ideal for me, your guild history made me chuckle and Phaeton seemed pleasant enough when I spoke to him.

If I'm brutally honesty I'm a bit disillusioned with guilds nowadays, finding a suitable one that stays together for long is annoyingly difficult. My main hope would be that as you've been running for quite some time, maybe I will be able to find a long term spot with you, as I really hate constantly swapping guild.

Why are you the right person for Retired?
I'm a solid player with a fair bit of experience, who can be relied on for as close to 100% attendance as is realistically possible, and to do all the raider-ish things like preparing in advance for new fights, having pots and flasks and such, and not having emergency fishtank fires during wipe nights. I also move out of bad things on the ground. Most of the time.

Describe yourself:
I'm from the UK, married with two kids, and I work part time in a university lab. I'm a bit of a fitness fan and spend a lot of time either in the gym or circuit training. Clearly I'm also into gaming, generally a PS4 kinda guy though other than WoW.

…don't know what else to tell you, no one sounds interesting in these sorts of questions :D

Other comments:
One thing I need to make you aware of - I'm waiting on a new PC being built, as my old one died in an “oh God you've abused me for years” related incident. It will be ready well in advance of Legion raiding of course, but the thing is that the potato I'm using as a stop gap runs on vista (the horror!), and upgrading it would be pointless.

Only telling you this as Discord doesn't run on Vista, so dependent on your raiding plans during the prepatch I might have to do some kind of iPad shenanigans to use voice comm. Which may or may not turn out to be annoying.

Other than that, I've got you on Bnet, if you want to discuss anything else then feel free to give me a shout.

Auri
Officer

Re: Senka - Bear

Post by Auri » 19 Jul 2016, 11:23

Hello Senka, thank you for your application!

We will get back to you as soon as we have reached a decision.

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to read the Guild History!
You only want me for my totems...

Phaeton
Site Admin

Re: Senka - Bear

Post by Phaeton » 19 Jul 2016, 20:37

Senka, you have been accepted for trial!

Please contact any of the officers online when you get a chance for an invite.

-withdrawn-