Accepted: Menno - Demon hunter

Menno

Accepted: Menno - Demon hunter

Postby Menno » 25 Jul 2016, 22:41

Your age: 29

Character name:
I want to apply with a new DH. Not sure about in-game name yet.

Character class: DH
Main spec: I want to tank
Off spec: I wouldn't be bothered to switch to dps for some fights, but i dont want to have to play os by default because of overcrowded ms role. I've played dps last two expansions and i just dont want to eyeball recount in this one.

Other characters: I have everything but warlock. They're all high level but they're on balnazzar and sylvanas. So this expansion i'll be making the dh and boost the warlock. 'gotta catch em all' xD

Times and how often online: At the start of the expansion quite a lot just to level and gear up. When raids start i'll be on all raiding days and then two or three days more. Times are a bit difficult right now. i'll be on at about 19:30 till like 23:00 or later depending on raid end. After i move homes i can be much more flexible with my times.

Raid experience: Instead of making a big list with checkboxes i think it's easiest to say i've cleared most raid content when it was still progression. Excluded vanilla naxx, ulduar last few bosses and all but the first raids in cataclysm. I've done this on mage, hunter, holy pala, prot warrior and prot pala.
For difficulty i always liked big number of players (25 ahum big?) and the harder settings like hc/mythic. I usually leave normal and lfr for my alts.

As the dh char doesn't exist yet i dont have armory for that ofcourse. My account isn't active right now (will be in 1 or 2 weeks) so logs aren't available anymore either. From the logs i think the most important part is activity during raids. This in turn leads me to having a high uptime for flask/food buffs thus always ready to go. When i'm dps'ing i'm high up in the dps rankings (where i dont like to be anymore :P) and relatively low amount of damage taken. For tank i'm not sure which log stats i want to focus on, it always used to be just apply tactics right and good to go, but we'll see where i need to improve as we wipe :)

We use Discord for voice communication during raiding. It is mandatory that you have it installed and running correctly if you wish to raid with us. Will this be any problem: I'm used to using ts, vent and mumble. I gues Discord isn't much different so gues not.

Previous guild(s): A lot on multiple chars since vanilla.

Reason for quitting: So there's several reasons that make me quit a guild. These change depending on the reason i've joined that guild. I've quit social guilds before when there was too much drama in the officers cirle. I've quit raiding guilds before when there is a merge and i dont like the new raiding atmosphere, when raidleader bails and there is noone to take over, when raids get cancelled repeatedly without any hopes for it improving soon.
I think all these reasons show breaking points within the guild itself, and usually lead to multiple people leaving. This is the last reason for me to leave even a raiding guild, if lots of people i've 'bonded' with leave and there's no social community remaining within the guild.

Describe your playstyle/goals in the game: During raidtime i'm quite serious and focussed on making progress, even if it's just to get that wipe counter up. I think a wipe with 5 minutes of boss experience is worth more than 10 mins waiting for everyone to pop flasks and eat food. I can and have helped raids progress by providing a different view on raidtactics, usually provided directly to the RL to prevent confusion.
Outside of raids i have lots of alts with professions. I also like to run dungeons (at +- 1st half of expansion) and do pvp.

For raid progress i want to be able to do the first few bosses of a new raid on hc right when they come out. This means that most part of the old raid is on farm and probably can start that on mythic and new raid on hc. This is just to describe where i'd like to be at on the progression curve.
Outside of raids or gearing main i'll be working on leveling alts. They're one expansion behind so time to get them back up and start earning some money again.

What do you expect from joining Retired?
Cookies, i want cookies.
I think i've described above what i like to do/have in-game. I think this guild may be able to provide this.
Seriously though, cookies?

Why are you the right person for Retired?
I've read you need people to fill out the raiding team and also need a tank, so that's where i can help. I can also be a stable factor for guild membership. I like guilds that are stable member wise, and i think this works both ways. Stable guilds need members to stay, i can stay :)
Obviously i also am willing to help members on several fronts if they require, one but: just fo with your achievement runs.

Describe yourself: In my spare time i like to do some other games as well (LoL, EvE) and do some programming, currently working on a gameidea of mine. I also do some 3D modelling, play the keyboard and fly with my quadcopter. I dislike rap, hiphop and pop, most other styles i can enjoy every now and then.
I work and live in The Netherlands as a software designer on a piece of software producing graphic visuals.

Other comments: Sorry, no totems on DH.

Phaeton
Site Admin

Re: Menno's application

Postby Phaeton » 25 Jul 2016, 22:47

Hello Menno, thank you for your application!

We will get back to you as soon as we have reached a decision.

Menno

Postby Menno » 25 Jul 2016, 23:01

Great!

Let me know if there's more information you need.

Auri
Officer

Postby Auri » 25 Jul 2016, 23:21

Hi Menno, if you get a chance could you add me on Bnet? Deegeejay#1390

Many thanks,

Auri.
You only want me for my totems...

Phaeton
Site Admin

Postby Phaeton » 28 Jul 2016, 13:28

Menno, you have been accepted for trial!

Please contact any of the officers online when you get a chance for an invite.

Menno

Re: Accepted: Menno - Demon hunter

Postby Menno » 29 Jul 2016, 21:43

this is great news.
I hope this dh unlocks soon so that i can join you guys on arathor.

Return to “Applications”